24 January 2010

THE JOY OF EXHIBITIONISM

As any long term reader of my blog knows, I love tattoo expos. As a photographer, my favorite subject has always been people. A lot of people are shy about having their picture taken. Not, however, at tattoo expos. That's part of the enjoyment of the experience for people in attendance.

Sometimes I feel a little guilty as I don't have any tattoos of my own. As I've mentioned before, I've got commitment issues; I just can't decide what tattoo I'd like to live with for the rest of my life. But that doesn't mean I can't appreciate other people's ink. I do, a lot.

Here's some pictures from the human exhibition I was at yesterday:







And then, like any good exhibition anywhere, there were people promoting and selling things that in their minds were associated, but in this case weren't tattoos. For instance; in support of the ballot measure to legalize pot:

And, well, simply expressing their love of vaginas:

1 comment:

Sue Ann Jaffarian said...

Eric, You've been nominated for a Creative Write Blog Award. See Details on my blog: www.sueannjaffarian.blogspot.com